2023-11 Digest: Upgraded PHPBB to 3.3.11!

Jazzy Vidalia
Site Admin
Pronouns: it/fae/she

2023-11 Digest: Upgraded PHPBB to 3.3.11!

Post by Jazzy Vidalia »

November 2023 Digest

PHPBB 3.3.11 Upgrade

If y'all noticed that the site went down briefly 17 NOV from about 13:30 PT to 14:30 that is because I temporarily took things down to upgrade the the server's OS, perform a backup of the database, and update the BBS software we use to the latest version. I was kinda dreading this and I did run in to a couple hick-ups which were easily resolved and I was sure to take down notes to make the process faster next time. Server stuff. Always fun.

Default to "1978 White"

The site should be back up and ready to roll! During this time I also changed the default color scheme from "Amber" to "White" but if you've already signed up you'll have to set it manually since I did not want to override any user settings. I got complains some thought the Amber was a bit eye-burny which is totally valid and I don't want to overstim potential users. Also doesn't mesh as well with the elements that render in color.

Inline IMG tag fixed

BBCode Enabled to fix bug where images do not show up
I was really hoping that we could have an all-Markdown forum, however, I had to enable BBCode to ensure that the Markdown image notation works for some reason. Sub-optimal, but it does work.

Say hi everyone!

Spoilers

We are enabling spoilers because if we are gonna talk literature and movies we're going to need them. Realized when I was posting about

the book i am reading

A Wizard of Earthsea, Ursula K. Le Guin

that I don't want to ruin it for anyone that hasn't read it. I had to do some adjustments to the CSS to get the spoilers to look good with the default themeset, so I hope you all appreciate the working. CSS is a lot of fun for everyone but I figured out a solution at least until the extension gets updated.

Wester_Hare
Pronouns: it/its

Re: 2023-11 Digest: Upgraded PHPBB to 3.3.11!

Post by Wester_Hare »

The scan line effect over the skunk really looks great